Wednesday, January 23, 2013

mornings.

so. apparently if i don't spend time with Jesus in the morning, then my entire day is completely out of wack.

for the last few days, i have at least woken up an hour before i needed to start getting ready for work, and just turned on worship music while talking, singing, and laughing with Him. then i would pray in my car before work, and ask Him to allow me to have an awesome day.

well, on those days, i leave work feeling as if i am just the luckiest person in the world.

on days like today, i feel like complete crap.

i completely pushed snooze on my alarm this morning and slept until i had to be at work in 20 minutes. i got to work tired, cranky and ready to leave. i even had a coworker ask me if everything was okay because i did not seem like myself.

it made me think.

myself=Jesus with me. like, i am most myself when Jesus is hanging around beside me. and yeah, i know He said He would never leave us nor forsake us, but, if we fail to invite Him into our activities for the day He is sitting there with you rather than being actively involved in your day.

does that make sense? He is always there, but it's US who have to invite Him to be a part of our day.

now, i am not saying that if it is 3:30 it is impossible for Him to get into our day, but think about it. you just spent at least 6 hours "doing things on your own" and probably felt pretty rushed or tired. it's totally possible for Him to come into the rest of your day, but for the next day, don't wait around until 3 or 4 to ask Him to spend your day with you. ask Him at 6 am! ask Him before your situations become problems, or the flow of the day happens. because believe it or not folks, a lot can happen in 24 hours if we have Him. it's almost as if He gives us 48 hours in a day, just to accomplish the things we need to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment