Thursday, January 17, 2013

confirmation.

yesterday i woke up to the coolest confirmation ever.

alright, background story. in 2011 (1 semester after i moved to wilmington from boone) i went to the Passion conference in january, for my second time. while there, i was in a small group with some of the coolest people i've ever met. we had such a bonding experience that i spoke to many of them for months/years later. we all kept up on facebook and had messages going back and forth.

one girl in the group told us she was switching her major. so i prayed for her. and the Lord gave me something to tell her. and i did. she ultimately ended up changing her major because my word was confirmation for her.

anyway, i have barely spoken to her since then, but she wrote to me the other day. she told me that she has been reading my blog and that the Lord spoke to her.

alright, another background story:
 a few weeks ago, the second year interns started off our meeting by giving us prophetic words. in a nutshell...
first, someone said, "annie. i see missions for you. not a week or month kind of mission trip, but months and years. living among the people."
then, "annie i see kids. the ministry has something to do with kids.""
then, "i see you finding revelation with God through homeless ministries and people with a lower income. you are like a people magnet. showing God's light through who you are. people are attracted to your personality"
"annie, i also see that you have a spirit like Heidi Baker. and a special calling on your life like her."

pretty cool huh? interesting that they confirmed things in me that the Lord told me a few years ago (missions, kids, living overseas...etc.)

well, this girl from my community group facebook messaged me and told me basically that i had a special gift for healing. to keep pushing through because many people have had breakthroughs many years after starting their healing ministry. also, that she sees me similar to Heidi Baker, and that she got the word "poverty" for me. and that i am called to live among the poor and bring healing and restoration to them. and that i was going to bring "beauty to their lives."

she also confirmed a word that i got a few months ago from a friend. both of these friends gave me the word, "theatre" and that is all they got. neither one of them knew i was pursuing a theatre major for 4 years and ultimately had to give up on that dream when God pointed me in the other direction of nursing/clinical research.

i know this may not sound as cool to you as it did to me, but none of these people know each other. none of them have ever communicated or talked about what they were going to tell me.

that is the prophetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment